SYNOPSIS October 18, 2011
October 26, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
October 18, 2011
A. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:32 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Ken Elwert – Parks and Recreation
Julie Meredith – Library Director
Linda Richardson – DPW Director
Barbara Rollins – Senior Center Coordinator
Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
D. APRROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: None requested
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Public: Joe Wauldron spoke on behalf of Clarkston Area Youth Assistance; Farmers Market; and "Bullying Program" at Clarkston High School
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS: None
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Proposal to appoint an Acting Supervisor-Postponed to November 1, 2011 Regular Meeting
2. Proposed Elected Officials' Disability Policy: Postponed to November 1, 2011 Regular Meeting
J. CONSENT AGENDA: Approval of 2012 Annual Permit for MDOT
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of September 20, 2011 as amended
2. Approval of 2011 Special Assessment Roll
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of to participate in Municipal Credit Contract with SMART
2. Bid Award to RCL Construction Company for the M-15 Sewer Lift Station Improvements
3. Approval to direct Library Director to follow E-Rate procedures to bid the Library's telephone service to establish eligibility for the e-rate discount.
4. Approval of Parks and Recreation budget adjustment
5. Approval of payment for consulting services associated with the State of Michigan Performance Evaluation for the Building Department
6. Approval of Request to schedule a Special Meeting on Tuesday, September 25, 2011
7. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run in the Amount of $587,116.00.
M PUBLIC COMMENT: Julie Meredith, on behalf of the Friends of the Library
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members commented on various topics
O. COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTS
1. FUTURE AGENDA ITEM: Township Clerk – Township Telephone System- Expiration of Existing Contract
2. REPORT: DPW Director – Monthly Activities Update
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:55 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: October 26, 2011