SYNOPSIS of November 1, 2011 meeting
November 09, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
November 1, 2011
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:49 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Linda Richardson – DPW Director
Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
D. APRROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: Purchase or Lease of Real Property, as permitted by MCL 15.168(d) and Attorney-Client Privileged Legal Opinion, as permitted by MCL 15.268(h)
The Regular Meeting recessed at 6:52 PM to move into Closed Session.
The Regular Meeting reconvened at 7:30 PM.
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation given by Open Burning Ad Hoc Study Group – Jim Reed; Sandra Boggemes and Andrea Hirsch
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Proposal for Appointing an Acting Supervisor: Postponed to the November 15, 2011 Regular Meeting
2. Proposed Elected Officials' Disability Policy: Postponed to November 15, 2011 Regular Meeting
J. CONSENT AGENDA: Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of October 4, 2011
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None removed
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Reconsideration of 2011 DTE and Hydraker-Wheatlake Premises License Agreement
2. Approval to Rescind 2011 Bid Awarded to Pipe Systems, Inc. for the Pump Station Improvement Project and Direct the DPW Director to Solicit New Bids
3. Approval of Reconsideration of the Value of Andy Reish's Termination Agreement
4. AT&T U-Verse PEG Broadcast Implementation
5. Elected Official's Retirement Medical Benefits – Bart Clark, Rick Gutowski, William Kunse and Trevor Keiser, Clarkston News
6. Approval to Schedule a Special Meeting on Thursday, November 3, 2011 for the purpose of Budget Review and Scheduling of Additional Special Meetings for Budget Review
7. Approval to Dispose and/or Recycle Cable Studio Assets
8. Approval to Schedule a Public Hearing on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 for Public Comment on Recommendations Received from the Open Burning Ad Hoc Study Group
9. Approval of the Check Run in the Amount of $829,124.96
M PUBLIC COMMENT: None
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members commented on various topics.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. FUTURE AGENDA ITEM / REPORT: Larry Rosso, Trustee – Recommendation from Open Burning Ad Hoc Study Group to Township Board
2. COMMUNICATION: Letter of Appreciation received from Bill Kruse and Company to Dick Carlisle and Dave Belcher
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 10:00 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: November 9, 2011