November 23, 2011 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on November 9, 2011 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bunting, Trustee Cryderman, Supervisor Dunn, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Spisz, Clerk Wright, Trustee Bellairs.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as amended.
• Approved the enrollment of the Charter Township of Oxford into an IRS Section 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan Program administered through Burnham & Flower Insurance Group and authorized Supervisor Dunn to sign the required documentation.
• Approved Kenny Wellens and Eagle Scout Group 366 to build and replace the north and south "Welcome to Oxford" signs on M-24 with Oxford Township providing the necessary funding to complete the project, not to exceed $1,000.00. Group 366 will provide proper insurance documentation and written permission of the affected property owners.
• Opened the Public Hearing for discussion of projects for the Fiscal Year 2012 CDBG funds in the amount of $28,690.00 at 7:33 pm.
• Closed the Public Hearing for discussion of projects for the Fiscal Year 2012 CDBG funds at 7:34 pm.
• Allocated the 2012 CDBG funds in the following manner:
-$24,387.00 for the Mobile Home Minor Home Repair Program for mobile homes within Lake Villa and Parkhurst that is administered through Oakland County CDBG.
-$4,303.00 to provide Oxford Township residents with emergency food, utility, rent/mortgage, medical and educational assistance.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 67A.006 as presented.
• With regard to Elkview, directed Clerk Wright and Treasurer Ferrari to notify Jeff McGee and Larry Mullins that 1) the Township rejects their initial offer; and 2) the Township requests, for development purposes, they go through the proper Oxford Township Planning Commission process for all site plans; and further that the Township will give all the support necessary to see any development process through.
• With regard to the Veteran's Hall, to consider adjusting the fees for Oxford Township residents private parties with alcohol from $125.00 to $200.00, adjusting the fees for nonresident private parties with alcohol from $150.00 to $225.00; to change the administration fee from $5 to $20; eliminate item A from Section V. Waiver of Reduction Of Fees; eliminate Section VI. Basis of Fees; to submit the draft agreement to the Township Attorney for review, not to exceed four (4) hours; further, to do a review of local municipalities to see what their fees are for resident private parties/fund-raising groups without alcohol.
• To advertise and schedule for First Reading at the December 14, 2011 Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees the rezoning of approximately 3.25 acres of parcel # P-04-09-101-001, currently zoned SF-2, Suburban Farms, to L-1, Light Industrial.
• To approve the purchase of a Ricoh Aficio copier model #MP2851SP, including the necessary accessories and shipping charges for the Oakland County Sheriff's substation in an amount not to exceed $2,900.00, expensed to the Police Narcotics Fund acct. #253-322-729.000 Education Material; any additional funds needed shall be expensed to the Police Contracting Fund acct. #205302977.000 Equipment Acquisition; further, upon finalization of this transaction, the Police Narcotics Fund shall be closed out.
• Directed Clerk Wright to submit a letter to the NOTA Board of Directors letting them know that Oxford Township is interested in maintaining its current level of funding as it has in the past; further, instead of opting for an increase, to submit the five (5) recommendations presented to the Township Board as ways to increase additional revenue.
• Approved the contract with OLHSA for Minor Home Repair Services for CDBG Program Year 2011 in the amount of $20,083.00 and authorizes CDBG Coordinator Joseph G. Ferrari to sign the contract on behalf of the Township. Furthermore, both parties acknowledge that there are no other agreements or understandings, whether oral or written, pertaining to this contract.
• Awarded the Emergency Services Bid for 2011 Community Development Block Grant Funds (CDBG) in the amount of $9,040.00 ($6,107.00-Oxford Township and $2,933.00-Oxford Village) to Oxford/Orion FISH and authorizes CDBG Coordinator Joseph G. Ferrari to sign the applicable documents and proposal ratification.
• Appointed Phil Castonia to fill the vacancy on the Oxford Township Parks and Recreation Commission with the term of office expiring November 20, 2012.
• Accepted the donation from ITC Holdings in the amount of $2,000.00 to be used for tree plantings in common spaces, neighborhood parks, stump grinding and/or compatible species plantings in residential areas and allocate those monies to Oxford Township Parks & Recreation.
• Awarded the floor stripping and waxing of the Veteran's Hall to New Image.
• Approved the contract proposal for the Veteran's Hall from CLT Cleaning Service for a one-year period expiring December 31, 2012.
• Set the First Reading for proposed Ordinance 121 Oxford Township Cemetery Ordinance for the December 14, 2011 Oxford Township Board of Trustees Regular Meeting.
• Set aside $2,500.00 from the Planning Commission budget to hire professional journalists to write articles for any professional business publications, to be disbursed at committee level without having to come to the Township Board, and to request assistance from high school students to work with the professional journalist for possible future articles.
• Approved the Oxford Township Industrial Facilities Tax Abatement Policy as presented.
• Authorized Treasurer Ferrari to proceed with implementing a Township credit/debit card system through GovPayNet as long as there are no fees involved for the Township.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:31 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 11/23/2011