December 14, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
December 6, 2011
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:31 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Bart Clark, Superintendent; Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Ken Elwert, Parks & Recreation Director; Julie Meredith, Library Director; Steve Ronk, Fire Chief; Steven Joppich, Secrest Wardle
Approval to appoint Acting Chair
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: Union Negotiations (Fire), as permitted by MCL 15.268(c)
The Regular Meeting recessed at 6:35 PM to enter into Closed Session.
The Regular Meeting reconvened at 7:32 PM.
The meeting recessed at 7:35 PM.
The meeting reconvened at 7:39 PM.
Approval to remove Regular Business Item #10
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
G. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. 2012 Budget: (Open/Close Public Hearing: 8:10 PM/8:16 PM)
Public Comment: Rick Gutowski; Carol Grubba
2. Parks and Recreation Master Plan: Ken Elwert, Parks & Recreation Director provided a brief overview (Open/Close Public Hearing: 8:32 PM/8:35 PM)
Public Comment: Rick Gutowski
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Cemetery Report (Linda Richardson, DPW Director)
2. Superintendent's Report (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
3. Third Quarter Investment Report (Curt Carson, Treasurer)
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
J. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of November 1, 2011 as amended
2. Special Meeting Minutes of November 3, 2011
4. Acceptance of 2012 Depositories
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
3. Approval of Payment for Clinton River Watershed Council Dues
5. Approval of Purchase Orders over $5,000.00
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of 2012 Oakland County Patrol Service Agreement
2. Approval of First Reading of Ordinance Amendments for Code Provisions Relating to the Office of the Supervisor
3. Award Bid for Pump Station Improvement Project
4. Approval of Year-End Budget Adjustments for Parks and Recreation
6. Acceptance of Third Quarter Investment Report
7. Approval of Acceptance of Employment Agreement for Budget Analyst and Scheduling of a Special Meeting for the Review of 2011 Budget and Budget Analyst Responsibilities
8. Approval to Schedule a Special Meeting for the Purpose of Interviewing Cable Access Program Manager Candidates, and to Discuss and Take Action on the Citizens' Public TV Access Committee's Recommendations
The meeting recessed at 10:37 PM
The meeting reconvened at 10:40 PM
9. Award of Bid and Approval of Agreement for Snow Removal Services
4. Approval of Check Run in the Amount of: $194,908.25
M. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members commented on various topics.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS: None
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 10:47 PM
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: December 14, 2011