December 28, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
December 20, 2011
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:02 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Bart Clark, Superintendent; Susan Hendricks, Finance Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Ken Elwert, Parks & Recreation Director; Julie Meredith, Library Director; Kristen Sieloff, Assessor; Barbara Rollin, Senior Coordinator; Steven Joppich, Secrest Wardle; Gregg Schultz, Schultz & Young
Approval to appoint Acting Chair
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended
Approval to suspend the rules to discuss an item not appearing on the agenda.
E. CLOSED SESSION: Attorney-Client Privileged Legal Opinions as permitted by MCL 5.268(h): Approval to enter into Closed Session
The Regular Meeting recessed at 6:06 PM to enter into Closed Session.
The Regular Meeting reconvened at 6:30 PM.
CLOSED SESSION: Attorney-Client Privileged Legal Opinions as permitted by MCL 5.268(h): Approval to enter into Closed Session
The Regular Meeting recessed at 7:01 PM to enter into Closed Session.
The Regular Meeting reconvened at 7:40 PM.
Approval to remove Regular Business Item #10
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Superintendent's Report (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Failed-Elimination of Elected Officials' Retirement Medical Benefits
J. CONSENT AGENDA: Approved as amended
1. Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of November 15, 2011
2. Approval of Special Meeting Minutes of November 16, 2011
3. Approval of Special Meeting Minutes of November 21, 2011
4. Approval of Library Closing Dates
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
4. Approval of Blanket Requisitions for 2012 as amended
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. No Action-Public Act 152 of 2011, Public Funded Health Insurance Contribution Act
2. Adoption of Drug and Alcohol Policy for SMART Bus Operators
3. Approval of Request to Purchase 2012 Soccer Shirts as Amended
4. Approval of Budget Adjustments for Parks and Recreation
5. Approval of 2011 Budget Adjustments
6. Approval of Asset Management Policy
The Regular Meeting recessed at 9:00 PM
The Regular Meeting reconvened at 9:20 PM
8. Approval of Recommendations Received from Citizens Public T.V. Access Committee
9. Approval of Zoning Board of Appeal Appointments
10. Approval of Amendments to the 2012 General Appropriations Act
11. Adoption of the 2012 Budget
Public Comment: Craig Richardson
7. Approval of Reclassification and Wage Increase for Nedra Lambert, Secretary – Building Department
12. Approval of the 2012 Board of Trustees' Meeting Schedule as amended
13. Approval of Special Meetings:
a. Cable Access Program Manager Interviews: Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
b. Open Burning Ordinance Study Session: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Approval to suspend the rules to discuss and take action on an item not appearing on the agenda.
Approval to schedule an agenda item regarding employee discipline at the Regular General Meeting on Tuesday, January 31, 2012
14. Approval of Check Run in the Amount of $198,596.16
15. Approval of the Finance Clerk Appointment
Approval of the Deputy Clerk Appointment
16. Approval of Budget Adjustment – Payments to the Clinton-Oakland Sewage Disposal as Amended
M. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members commented on various topics.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Monthly Report from Building, Planning and Zoning
2. Summary of Lawsuit Results for Triumph Telecom Systems, Inc. v Charter Township of Independence and David Wagner – Steven Joppich, Secrest Wardle
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 12:19 AM on Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: December 28, 2011 Township Clerk