January 18, 2012 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JANUARY 10, 2012
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Petterson, Wallace
Absent: Wagner, Pallotta, Rosso
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Bart Clark, Superintendent; Beth Lawrence, Deputy Clerk, Paula Heenan, Finance Clerk, Julie Meredith, Library Director; Carol Gabris, HR Director
D. Approval to appoint Acting Chair
E. Approval of Agenda as amended
F. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approved Scheduling of Special Meeting
2. Approved Extending 2011 Annual Burning Permits
G. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Budget Presentation – Library (Julie Meredith, Library Director)
H. CONSENT AGENDA: Approved as amended
1. Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of December 6, 2011
2. Approval of Special Meeting Minutes of December 13, 2011
I. REGULAR BUSINESS:
3. Presentation by Superintendent Bart Clark regarding Building Department Corrective Actions
The meeting recessed at 9:11 PM
Trustee Petterson left the meeting at 9:12 PM, leaving no quorum present
The meeting reconvened at 9:20 PM
4. Approval of the Check Run was postponed to the Special Meeting scheduled for January 12, 2012
J. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:25 PM.