January 25, 2012 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on January 11, 2012 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Bunting, Trustee Cryderman, Supervisor Dunn, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Spisz, Clerk Wright.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as presented.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 120, An Ordinance to Regulate the Use of Outdoor Wood Boilers.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 121, An Ordinance to Regulate the Oxford Township Cemeteries.
• Adopted Appendix A, Resolution pertaining to Ordinance No. 121 as amended and requested a review of the burial rights per grave fee.
• Approved the rezoning of 3.25 acres, known as part of Parcel No. 04-09-101-001, currently zoned SF-2 Suburban Farms to I-1 Light Industrial, contingent upon a split being completed and those acres being deeded to Oxford Township.
• Authorized Stearns Drilling Company to perform the repairs necessary to re-condition and remedy the problems with Granger Road Well #1 in an amount not to exceed $3,000.00.
• Directed IT Coordinator, Trustee Spisz, to look at upgrading the Township's computer hardware for both the interal Township building, as well as laptops.
• Extended the Vet's Hall cleaning contract with CLT Cleaning Service to a three (3) year period, effective through December 31, 2014, including the floor waxing contract.
• Approved increasing the amount of NOTA funding, previously approved on 09/14/2011, from $79,500.00 to $83,616.00.
• Approved the composition of the Cable Commission as follows: three (3) votes from the Charter Township of Oxford; two (2) votes from Addision Township; one (1) vote from Oxford Village and one (1) vote from Leonard Village, contingent upon each community giving at least 25% of their cable franchise fees to the Commission.
• Approved the Resolution allowing property tax appeals to be submitted in writing to the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Review, according to the provisions of MCL 211.30(7) of the General Property Tax Act, as presented.
• Approved the $1,500.00 charge on invoice #2111014 for Carlisle Wortman.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:37 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 01/25/2012