February 29, 2012 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
FEBRUARY 21, 2012
A. A Regular General Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:31 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Rosso, Wallace
Absent: Petterson, Wagner
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Bart Clark, Superintendent; Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst, Julie Meredith, Library Director; Joe Barnhart, Cable Access Program Manager; Steven P. Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, P.C.; Elizabeth Young, Schultz and Young, P.C.
Appointment of Acting Chair - Approved
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA as amended
E. CLOSED SESSION: None Requested
M. PUBLIC COMMENT: Craig Richardson, AFSCME Union President
F. BOARD / PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Treasurer Carson announced the deadline for applications available to high school seniors from the counseling offices for scholarships through various local organizations is March 2nd and further announced that tickets are available for the Optimist's annual murder mystery fundraiser to be held on March 3rd.
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None Scheduled
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Quarterly Report Presentation-Removed (Curt Carson, Treasurer)
2. Superintendent's Report (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
3. Monthly Budget Update (Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst)
4. Monthly Budget Adjustments (Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst)
Trustee Petterson arrived at 8:30 PM
5. Police Fund Update (Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst)
6. District Library Agreement Proposal Update (Julie Meredith, Library Director)
7. Cable Program Access Center (CPAC) Update (Joe Barnhart, Cable Access Program Manager)
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Discussion and Decision for Appropriate Disciplinary Action for Deputy Supervisor, Mike Clark (David Lohmeier, Trustee)
J. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Accept Treasurer's Quarterly Report-Removed for action at a later date (Curt Carson, Treasurer)
2. Board of Trustees Special Meeting Minutes-January 24, 2012– Approved
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Request to Retain Professional Services of the Township and Labor Attorneys - Approved
2. Second Reading of Ordinance to Implement State Law-Contractor Requirements - Approved
3. Request to Reconstitute Safety Path Committee and Appoint Members – Approved
4. Request to Approve the 2012 Specialized Services Operating Assistance Program Third Party Contract – Approved
5. Request to Direct Township Attorney to Research Hour Restrictions for Solicitation Ordinance – Approved
6. Request to Relocate Public Comment on the Agenda – Failed
The meeting RECESSED at 11:33
The meeting RECONVENED at 11:36
7. Request to Approve Accounts Payable Check Run in the amount of $253,990.49 - Approved
M. PUBLIC COMMENT: Moved to front of Agenda
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members discussed various topics
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. REPORT: Summary of Historic Sashabaw Plains Presbyterian Church Window Repair – Noted and Filed
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular General Meeting adjourned at 11:40 PM.
Published: Wednesday, February 29, 2012