March 21, 2012 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on March 14, 2012 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Spisz, Clerk Wright.
ABSENT: Trustee Bunting and Supervisor Dunn.
The following actions were taken:
• Appointed Treasurer Ferrari as acting Chairperson in the absence of Supervisor Dunn.
• Approved the agenda as presented.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as presented.
• Set the Second Reading and possible adoption of a new Section 5(M)-Electric Vehicle Charging Stations-to Article 8 of the Oxford Charter Township Zoning Ordinance 67A for the Regular Township Board meeting of April 11, 2012.
• Directed that a committee consisting of Trustee Cryderman, Trustee Bunting and Clerk Wright update the Vet's Hall Rental Policy and return with a recommendation to the Township Board.
• Authorized Clerk Wright to contact the Water Resources Commission and indicate that the Township authorizes the replacement of the pump on Well #3 at Granger Road.
• Postponed acceptance of the OACCC Interlocal Agreement and By-Laws until the documents have been reviewed by the OACCC attorney and other comments have been addressed.
• Approved funding NOTA an additional $291.00 for a total of $83,907.00 for 2012.
• Rescinded the motion of 10/12/11 to maintain the current OCSD staffing level at thirteen and to put a millage proposal on the August 2012 ballot.
• Authorized Attorney Rentrop to review the ballot language for an additional 1.0 mil for Police Protection and Law Enforcement Services for a two-year period beginning 01/01/13 and expiring 12/31/14 for the November 2012 ballot and requested Treasurer Ferrari to confirm the estimated revenue raised in the first year of levy.
• Set the First Reading regarding the enforcement of the "Super Drunk Driving" law for 04/11/12.
• Appointed Michael Young to the Planning Commission effective 04/01/12 to fulfill Jack LeRoy's term expiring 12/31/12.
• Approved participation in the cost of the Red Barn Repaving Special Assessment District for the water tower property.
• Authorized the expenditure of $6,100.00 to the Municipal Code Corporation for Supplement 3 to update the Charter Township of Oxford Code of Ordinances.
• Authorized Treasurer Ferrari to execute the Agreement for Oxford Village tax postings as presented.
• Allocated $55,646.00 in Tri-Party funds for the 2012 year for the purchase of gravel to spread on Oxford Township roads and authorize Supervisor Dunn and Clerk Wright to sign the 2012 Gravel Road Program Cost Participation Agreement.
• Elected not to participate in the Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce pocket guide.
• Authorized the upgrade of the recording/transcripton systems in the Vet's Hall conference room from analog to digital with Bogner Sound and Music.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:42 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 03/28/2012