April 11, 2012 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
APRIL 3, 2012
A. A Regular General Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:36 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Bart Clark, Superintendent; Carol Gabris, Human Resources Director; Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation and Seniors Director; Joe Barnhart, Cable Access Program Manager
Appointment of Acting Chair - Approved
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: Union Negotiations, as permitted by MCL 15.286(c)-Cancelled
F. BOARD / PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Joe Wauldron: Rotary Wine Tasting; May 3, 2012; Clarkston Area Youth Assistance- Golf Outing; June 15, 2012
Sam Moraco: Governor Moses Wisner House Spring Clean-up; April 21, 2012
G. PUBLIC COMMENT:
Joan McCrary; Sam Moraco; Mike Clark; Jane Boyer; Rae Luallen; Trevor Keyser, Clarkston News
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None Scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Report: Superintendent's Update
Agenda Items Removed from Regular Business:
7. Request to Adopt: CPAC Policy, PEG User Agreement; and Appearance Release- Approved
8. Request to Expend Funds for Improvements Proposed for the Clarkston Calendar- APPROVED
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Request to Establish Compensation for Supervisor's Position Effective for the 2012 Term of Office – Removed
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Attend Advanced Treasurer's Institute-Removed
2. Board of Trustees Regular General Meeting Minutes – March 6, 2012-Approved
3. Board of Trustees Regular General Meeting Minutes – March 13, 2012-Approved
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
1. Request to Attend Advanced Treasurer's Institute-Approved
The meeting RECESSED at 9:26 PM
The meeting RECONVENED at 9:32 PM
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Request to Approve 2012 Gravel and Limestone Participation Program – Combined with Regular Business Item M-2
2. Request to Initiate 2012 Tri-Party Fund Options-Approved with conditions
3. Request to Schedule a Special Meeting-No action taken
4. Request to Award Bid for 4th of July Fireworks Display-Approved
5. Request to Award Bid for Baseball Uniforms-Approved
6. Request to Appoint Parks, Recreation & Seniors Advisory Committee Members- Approved
9. Request to Approve Accounts Payable Check Run and Payroll in the amount of $344,553.11-Approved
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members discussed various topics.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS: None
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular General Meeting adjourned at 11:40 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, April 11, 2012