April 18, 2012 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular
council meeting april 10, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Helmuth, President Benner Absent: Stephison
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of March 27, 2012- Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – as presented. Motion carried.
5. Public Hearings/Presentations- National Telecommunications Week for 911 Dispatchers
6. Call to Public- public comments taken on skateboards as transportation
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to received/ file – Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following: DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions – None
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated April 5, 2012 amount of $70,431.93- Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business – Property Proposal – 27 Pleasant- 23 Stanton – property update
10. New Business
a. Resignation Kevin Stephison-Councilmember – Filling of Vacancy-Motion to accept resignation and accepting applications
b. Planning Services Proposals- schedule interview on 4.24.12 & 5.8.12
c. Scheduling First Reading of ordinance amendment regarding skate boarding as transportation- First Reading 4.24.12 - motion accepted
d. Scheduled Public Hearing for Ordinance Amendment - Enhanced Drunk (high BAC) Driving Statute Adoption-motion carried scheduled April 24, 2012
e. Schedule Public Hearing for Ordinance Amend. to adopt Building Codes-motion carried
f. Request to close certain streets and parking lot for DDA Event- Backyards & Burgers, May 15-20 and use of Scripter Park-motion carried
g. Request to release Attorney Privileged/Confidential document-released-motion carried
h. Budget Review Schedule-set schedule on April 17 at 6:30pm
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 8:19pm - Motion carried.