April 25, 2012 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on April 11, 2012 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bellairs, Supervisor Dunn, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Spisz, Clerk Wright.
ABSENT: Trustee Bunting and Trustee Cryderman.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as presented.
• Set the Second Reading and possible adoption of the Proposed Amendment to Ordinance No. 122, An Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Charter Township of Oxford "Traffic and Vehicles," at Section 58-4, "Michigan Vehicle Code Adopted," to Adopt Section 625(1)(C) of the Michigan Vehicle Code by Reference and to Provide Penalties for a Violation of that Section, Pursuant to Public Act 8, of 2012 for the Regular Oxford Township Board meeting of May 9, 2012.
• Accepted the resignation of Jack LeRoy from the Oxford Township Planning Commission effective 04/01/12 and draft a letter of appeciation for his service.
• Authorized the Oakland County Water Resources Commission to proceed in the replacement of the pump on Well #3 at Granger Road with funds in the amount of $41,700.00 to be expensed to account 591-538-972.005 Water Supply Wells.
• Tabled the OACCC Interlocal Agreement to ensure that all the items from the March Board meeting have been addressed.
• Adopted the contract related to the 2012 Seymour Celebration fireworks display as presented.
• Approved the provision of chloride service in 2012 on a 50% Township and 50% resident participation basis for individual orders on public gravel roads.
• Awarded the bid for 2012, 2013 and 2014 Oxford Township Clean Up Day to Odd Job Disposal Inc. as presented in their proposal.
• Approved an increase in the Oxford Township Election workers wages to $150.00 per day for Election Inspectors and $175.00 per day for Election Charipersons effective immediately, as well as increasing poll worker training classes to $25.00.
• Approved the revised priority listing for the Oxford Township Safety Path system and authorized Sharpe Engineering to create (2) two 24'hx36'h foam backed Master Plan maps and (20) twenty 11'hx17'h maps.
• Authorized Treasurer Ferrari and Engineer Sharpe to begin the easement acquisition for the safety path priority projects #1, #2, #3, and #4.
• Authorized underwriting the Oxford Job Fair not to exceed $2,000.00 pending a legality check through MTA or Attorney Rentrop.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:17 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 04/25/2012