May 02, 2012 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular council meeting april 24, 3012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Helmuth, Absent: President Benner Vacancy:1
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of April 10, 2012- Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – as amended-set aside Items 10 A, G, H. Motion carried.
5. Public Hearings/Presentations-
1. Public Hearing for ordinance amendment regarding Enhanced Drunk (high BAC) Driving Statute Adoption- Motion to Open- Public Comment taken –Motion to close
2. Public Hearing for ordinance amendment regarding building codes adoption
Motion to Open- Public Comment taken –Motion to close
6. Call to Public-
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to received/ file –
Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following:
DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions – interviewed E. Nichols for Council vacancy
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated April 20, 2012 amount of $140,649.27. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business – Property Proposal – 27 Pleasant- 23 Stanton – Sold property update
10. New Business
a. Filling of Councilmember Vacancy-Set aside by amended agenda
b. Interviews of Planning Consultants-Interviewed 4 candidates- no action
c. Computer Services Proposals-Motion to accept Async at $6,250 per year
d. Vehicle Purchase Request–DPW 1 Ton Truck-Motion to purchase from Gorno Ford $45,760.
e. Water Plant Operating Contract Renewal-Motion to accept Highland Treatment $36,709
f. First Reading of ordinance amendment regarding skate boarding as transportation- Approved motion to advance to second reading
g. First Reading Ord. Amend-Enhanced Drunk (high BAC) Driving Statute- Set aside
h. First Reading of Ordinance Amendment to adopt Building Codes - Set aside
i. Scheduling Public Hearing-Special Assessment delinquent accts-Motion for May 8, 2012
j. Memorial Day Parade Route Approval-Motion to approve
k. West Nile Virus County Program-Motion to approve
l. Michigan Emergency Management Assistance Compact (MEMAC)-Motion to approve
m. Receipt of Proposed FY' 12-13 Budget-Budget received
n. Monthly Financial Report and budget amendments-motion to accept and approve
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 9:30pm - Motion carried.