May 16, 2012 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular council meeting May 8, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Helmuth, President Benner, Vacancy:1
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of April 24, 2012 and Special Meeting April 17, 2012 and April 28, 2012 Motions carried.
4. Approve the agenda – as amended-move item NB 10A to after Item 4 - move Items 10 H to 10A and set aside Items 10 E, F, G, I, J, and K. Motion carried.
5. Public Hearings/Presentations-
1. Public Hearing for Proposed Fy' 12-13 Budget and Truth in Taxation-Motion to open Public Hearing -Public Comments-Motion to close Public Hearing
2. Special Assessment of Delinquent Accounts- Motion to open Public Hearing -Public Comments-Motion to close Public Hearing
6. Call to Public-
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to received/ file –
Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following:
DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions –Motion to accept T. Schultz and J. Campbell to the Planning Commission-motion carried.
CDBG update- no change
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated April 20, 2012 amount of $140,649.27. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business – none
10. New Business
a. Filling Councilmember Vacancy- Motion for E. Nichols to fill Council vacancy-motion carried.
b. Bank Signature Update- Council approved and signed new signature form
c. Interviews of Planning Consultants-Interviewed 3 candidates- no action
d. Second Reading of ordinance amendment regarding skate boarding as transportation and setting fines-Approved motion of second reading with modification to ordinance.
e. First Reading Ord. Amend-Enhanced Drunk (high BAC) Driving Statute- Set aside
f. First Reading of Ordinance Amendment to adopt Building Codes - Set aside
g. Special Assessment delinquent accts- set aside
h. Rezoning Planning Commission Denial Recommendation for Pinecrest Apartments- Motion carried to deny request of rezoning
i. Copier/Printer Sale Proposal-set aside
j. Current Budget FY '12 and Proposed FY '12-13-set aside
h. Monthly Financial Report - budget amendments- request to eliminate position-set aside
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 10:20 pm - Motion carried.