May 23, 2012 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on May 9, 2012 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bellairs, Supervisor Dunn, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Bunting, Trustee Cryderman, Trustee Spisz, Clerk Wright.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as presented.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as amended.
• Received and filed the 2011 Charter Township of Oxford Audit Financial Statements as presented.
• Adopted the Amendment to Ordinance No. 122, An Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Charter Township of Oxford "Traffic and Vehicles," at Section 58-4, "Michigan Vehicle Code Adopted," to Adopt Section 625(1)(C) of the Michigan Vehicle Code by Reference and to Provide Penalties for a Violation of that Section, Pursuant to Public Act 8, of 2012.
• Adopted the Amendment to Ordinance No. 67A, 8.5(M)-Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
• Appointed Trustee Spisz and Fire Chief Scholz to negotiate a new Firefighters Union Local Agreement 4763 to begin January 1, 2013.
• Set the First Reading for proposed Ordinance No. 123 (Noxious Weeds Ordinance), An Ordinance to Provide for the Removal of Noxious Weeds in the Charter Township of Oxford, and for the Collection of such Removal by the Charter Township of Oxford, and for the imposition of penalties for the violation thereof at the Charter Township of Oxford June 13, 2012 meeting.
• Authorized the expenditure not to exceed $40,000.00 for the replacement of the server, computer hardware, and receipt printer, as outlined in the quotes from Tech Resources.
• Requested that the Oxford Area Cable Commission have the Interlocal Agreement reviewed by its attorney and forwarded to each community for comment.
• Authorized the purchase of 1,056 units of one ounce Cutter Skinsations pump sprays at $3.16 each plus $100.00 for freight for a total of $3,436.96 to be utilized for the annual Oxford Township Parks and Recreation Seymour Celebration.
• Adopted the Resolution authorizing the West Nile Virus Fund Expense Reimbursement Request, as presented.
• Appointed Jack Curtis to serve as the representative on behalf of the Charter Township of Oxford on the Oakland County One Stop Ready Program Committee.
• Authorized Treasurer Ferrari to execute the new Agreement for the Summer Tax Collection on behalf of the Charter Township of Oxford with Lake Orion Community Schools as presented.
• Approved the Consultant bills, with the exception of invoice #212428 from Carlisle Wortman in the amount of $1,500.00
Meeting was adjourned at 9:02 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 05/23/2012