May 30, 2012 - PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
The Independence Township Planning Commission, Oakland County, will hold a Public Hearing on:
Thursday, June 14th, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
At Independence Township Hall, 6483 Waldon Center Drive, Clarkston, Michigan, 48346, to consider the following:
FILE PC # 2012-008
Verizon Wireless Petitioner REQUESTING SPECIAL LAND USE FOR (1) ADDITIONAL WALL SIGN
Per Ordinance Section 50-848
5688 Sashabaw Rd. (Regency Development)
Common Description: Sashabaw Rd. and Maybee Rd. 3.98 acres
Parcel Identification: 08-27-400-033/ C-2 zoning
FILE PC #2012-009
McLaren Health Care, Petitioner
REQUEST AMENDED FINAL PUD AND SITE PLAN APPROVAL FOR MCLAREN HEALTH CARE,
HEALTH CARE VILLAGE OF CLARKSTON
The overall concept and site plan to create a comprehensive health care campus remains unchanged. However, McLaren is requesting a number of changes to the Planned Unit Development Site Plan and Agreement. In summary, the following changes are proposed:
• Total number of general hospital beds will be capped at two hundred (200), with an option of an additional fifty (50) beds for specialty hospital care in the future.
• Height of the hospital will be reduced by one (1) story to four (4) stories.
• Overall building square footage and ground floor footprint will be reduced.
• Rearrangement of site circulation and parking.
• Amount of structured parking will be reduced and surface parking somewhat increased.
Common Description: Sashabaw Road and Bow Pointe Drive, ±76.60 Acres, PUD Zoning
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN THAT THE ABOVE REQUEST MAY BE EXAMINED at the Township Building Department during regular business hours. Written comments may be sent to the Planning Commission c/o the Independence Township Building Department, 6483 Waldon Center Drive, Clarkston, Michigan, 48346, prior to the Public Hearing/Meeting. For further information, call (248)625-8111.
Barbara Pallotta, Clerk
The Township will provide the necessary, reasonable auxiliary aids and services to individuals with disabilities at a public hearing/meeting upon advance notice in writing or by calling the Township Building Department at (248)625-8111.