May 30, 2012 - village of oxford
Synopsis or regular council meeting May 22, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Helmuth, Nichols, President Benner
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of May 8, 2012 as amended - Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Motion carried.
5. Public Hearings/Presentations-
1. Public Hearing for Proposed Fy' 12-13 Budget and Truth in Taxation- Motion to open Public Hearing -Public Comments-Motion to close Public Hearing-Motions carried.
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to received & file –
Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following:
DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions – none
C. CDBG update- no change
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated May 18, 2012 amount of $55,492.08. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business –
1. Interviews of Planning Consultants and Contract- Motion carried to set aside.
2. Continue current contract 1 month for McKenna & Assoc.-Motion carried.
3. Review of Planning Consults Carlisle Wortman and McKenna & Assoc. at next regular Planning Commission meeting-Motion carried
10. New Business
A. Schedule meeting State Police for Investigation Update-Motion carried for June 7, 2012.
B. Telephone Service Proposal-3 year Contract with Cbeyond - Motion carried.
C. Copier/Printer Sale to Immanuel Cong. Church of Christ for $600–Motion carried.
D. DDA Receivables-Transfer Funds and fund resolution -Set aside-Motion carried.
E. Recognition of Oxford Police Reserves for nonprofit status – Motion carried.
F. First Reading Ord. Amendment-Enhanced Drunk (high BAC) Driving–Motion carried.
G. First Reading Ord. Amendment adopt Building Codes without attorney's language-Motion carried.
H. Special Assessments-delinquent bills-water & other for $30,679.14 less applicable payments made – Motion carried.
I. Current Budget FY '12 and Proposed FY '12-13 –Motion carried.
Adoption of FY '11-12 Budget and setting tax millage rate at 10.62 mills – Motion carried.
Monthly Financial Report and budget amendments- request to eliminate DPW laborer position- Motion carried.
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 10:16 pm - Motion carried.