July 18, 2012 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 3, 2012
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:33 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Wallace
Absent: Petterson, Rosso, Wagner
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Bart Clark, Superintendent; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Julie Meredith, Library Director; Kristen Sieloff, Assessor; Joe Barnhart, Independence Television Manager; Steven Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC
Appointment of Acting Chair - Approved
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Consensus to approve the agenda as presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None
F. BOARD / PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Linda Richardson; David Lohmeier
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: Cheryl Stefanac
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS
1. Introduction of District Library Candidates (Julie Meredith, Library Director) Nikola M. Allen; William J. Chamberlin; Janice Gaffney; Henry Garcia; Michele Ginn; Evan Markarian; Allison McFadden-Keesling: Marilyn Pomeroy and Jeanne Molzen (via prerecorded video)
2. Presentation: Certificate of Recognition to Kristen Sieloff, Assessor (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
3. Superintendent's Report (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
4. Presentation: Cable Television Purchase of Equipment (Joe Barnhart, Independence Television Manager)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Authorization to Prepare RFP's for Library Maintenance Work (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Budget Adjustment for 2012 Safety Path Repairs
2. Request for Budget Amendment for M-15 Pump Station – Removed
3. Request for Concession Budget Amendment – Removed
4. Approval to Designate July as Parks and Recreation Month
5. Approval to Purchase Cable TV Equipment – Part 1
6. Approval to Purchase Cable TV Equipment – Part 2
7. Approval of Certificate of Recognition of Kristen Sieloff, Assessor
8. Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes; June 5, 2012
9. Approval of Board of Trustees Special Meeting Minutes; June 19, 2012
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
1. K-2: Approval of Budget Amendment for M-15 Pump Station
2. K-3: Approval of Budget Amendment for Concessions
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Request to Rescind Resolution and Approve Class C Liquor License for Jalapeno's III, Inc.
The Regular Meeting RECESSED at 8:46 PM.
The Regular Meeting RECONVENED at 9:04 PM.
2. Approval of Resolution to Establish Clarkston Independence District Library
3. Postponement of Resolution to Approve Deputy Fire Chief Positions
The Regular Meeting RECESSED at 9:18 PM.
The Regular Meeting RECONVENED at 9:38 PM.
4. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run and Payroll in the amount of $455,935.23
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: David Lohmeier, Trustee; Curt Carson, Treasurer
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Future Agenda Item: Amendment to Burn Ordinance Scheduled for July 17, 2012 Regular General Meeting
2. Report: Oakland County Sheriff's Office Monthly Report for April 2012
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:45 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC, Township Clerk
Published: Wednesday, July 18, 2012