August 01, 2012 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular council meeting july 24, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Helmuth, Nichols, President Benner
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of July 10, 2012 as presented - Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Motion carried.
5. Presentations: Forensic Audit Update by Michigan Forensic Accounting
Public Hearings: Fireworks State Law Amendments-Open Public Hearing - received comments Closed Public Hearing
6. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to received & file – Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following: DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions – none
C. CDBG update- no change
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated July 20, 2012 amount of $144,971.30. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business –
A. (DDA)- LED Lights Energy Savings-
Approve refunding $10,000 to the DDA for street light energy savings through June 30, 2012 and reimburse the DDA at an annual rate of $5,000 for a total amount of $35,000 (seven years) is repaid and that thereafter 50% of the estimated energy savings would be deducted from the DPW charges. Motion carried.
B. Request to Carryover Vacation Leave Time- Clerk to carryover 129 vacation hours until September 30, 2012 – Motion carried.
10. New Business:
A. Fireworks Ordinance Amendment: Ordinance banning all days except the 30 days as written in the State Law for Fireworks – Motion carried.
B. Monthly Financial Report – Receive and file – motion carried.
C. Closed Session with negotiation for collective bargaining- Tentative Agreement with POLC- Police Union – Motion carried to enter close session at 8:05 pm.
1. Closed Session
2. Motion to go back into open session. Motion carried at 8:50 pm
3. Recommendation/action from closed session. POLC Tentative Agreement – Motion carried to approve negotiating amendments to the POLC Union Agreement.
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 8:53 pm - Motion carried.