August 08, 2012 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JULY 31, 2012
A. A Regular Budget Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:09 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Rosso (arrived at 7:22 p.m.), Wallace
Absent: Petterson, Wagner
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst; Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation & Seniors Director; Kristen Sieloff, Assessor; Dave Belcher, Building, Planning & Zoning Director
Appointment of Acting Chair - Approved
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved as amended
E. CLOSED SESSION: None
F. BOARD / PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Barb Pallotta, Clerk reported that the Clerk's office will be open Saturday, August 4th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm to issue absent voter ballots for the August 7th Primary Election and provided an update on the recent precinct relocations.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: Sandy Boggemes discussed her disappointment in the failure of the ordinance revision related to open burning.
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: CIP Plan: (Bart Clark, Superintendent) – Removed
Larry Rosso, Trustee arrived at 7:22 pm.
2. Budget: Parks, Recreation & Seniors (Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation & Seniors Director)
3. Budget: Assessing (Kristen Sieloff, Assessor)
4. Budget: Board of Review (Kristen Sieloff, Assessor)
5. Budget: Human Resources (Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst)
6. Budget: Building Department (Dave Belcher, Building, Planning & Zoning Director)
7. Budget: Clerk (Barb Pallotta, Clerk)
8. Budget: Elections (Barb Pallotta, Clerk)
9. Budget: Treasurer (Curt Carson, Treasurer)
10. Discussion Regarding Facilities & Maintenance Department (Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Cable TV Budget Adjustment
2. Approval of Clarkston Area Youth Assistance Annual Donation of $4,000.00
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run and Payroll in the Amount of $1,356,834.25
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members discussed various topics.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS: None
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Budget Meeting adjourned at 9:13 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, August 8, 2012