August 22, 2012 - charter township of oxford
county of oakland michigan
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on August 8, 2012 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Supervisor Dunn, Trustee Spisz, Treasurer Ferrari, Clerk Wright.
ABSENT: Trustee Bunting.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as amended.
• Discarded Ord. No. 123, Noxious Weeds and removed it from consideration.
• Set a Second Reading and possible Adoption of Ord. No. 124 Fireworks Regulations for the 09/12/12 Township Board meeting.
• Approved the ballot language for new additional millage for Police Protection and Law Enforcement Services for a two (2) year period commencing 01/01/13 and expiring 12/31/14 for the November 2012 General Election ballot, leaving the requested millage rate at 1.0 mill as drafted.
• Accepted the petition for an SAD for Squaw Lake canal and authorized Sharpe Engineering to determine the SAD boundary and the cost estimate for the purpose of eradicating weeds in the Squaw Lake canal.
• Authorized Sharpe Engineering to complete the design work on Seymour Lake Road from Fountain View Lane to Waterstone Drive in an amount not to exceed $11,000.00.
• Authorized Sharpe Engineering to complete the design work on East Drahner Road from Lapeer Road (M-24) to Oxford Lakes Drive in an amount not to exceed $5,000.00.
• Authorized the Cemetery Committee to proceed with the proposed improvements for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, North Oxford Cemetery and the Oxford Township Cemeteries with the assistance of Sharpe Engineering in a total amount not to exceed $180,295.00.
• Amended the Approved Township Depositories Resolution effective 08/08/12.
• Authorized Sharpe Engineering to research Water & Sewer tap fees in similar communities in an amount not to exceed $1,500.00.
• Rescheduled the Budget Workshop to August 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm.
• Approve the regular bills as amended.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 08/22/2012