August 22, 2012 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular council meeting august 14, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Nichols, President Benner Absent: Helmuth
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of July 24, 2012 as presented - Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Move item 10G to after item 13 - Motion carried.
5. Presentations: Oakland County Dispatch Services
6. Call to Public – non agenda items
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to received & file – Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following: DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions – none
C. CDBG update- will solicit bids for Luick sidewalk
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated August 10, 2012 amount of $138,971.67. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business – none
10. New Business:
A. Oakland County Presentation – (discussion)
B. First Reading of Fireworks Ordinance Amendment – Motion carried
C. Traffic Control Order- Lakeville at State-deny no right turn 7-8 am school days – motion carried
D. Planning Commission Recommendation regarding permit fees – set fees motion carried.
E. Personnel Policy Change- Health insurances program, providers and one-time payment and employee Contribution to 5% for new hires – motion carried to set aside.
F. MERS Pension- Employee Contribution 5% for new hires – motion carried for POLC members
G. Closed Session with negotiation for collective bargaining- Tentative Agreement with AFSCME- DPW Union – motion carried to set aside.
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 10:20pm - Motion carried.