September 05, 2012 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
AUGUST 28, 2012
A. A Regular General Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Rosso, Wallace
Absent: Petterson, Wagner
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Superintendent; Steve Ronk, Fire Chief; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Carol Gabris, Human Resources Director; Ken Elwart,Director PR&S
Appointment of Acting Chair - Approved
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved as amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: None
F. BOARD / PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS:
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: 2012 Second Quarter Investment Report (Curt Carson, Treasurer)
2. Superintendent's Report (Bart Clark, Superintendent)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: 1. Next Steps for the Building, Planning and Zoning Department (Barbara Pallotta, Clerk; Bart Clark, Superintendent-Postponed to the September 4, 2012 Regular General Meeting
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval to Update Meters in Independence Woods Mobile Home Prk, Sole Source Provider
2. Acceptance of Second Quarter Investment Report
3. Approval to Solicit External Candidates for the Senior Center Position
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Contract
2. Approval of Request to Direct Township Attorney to Draft Proposed Fireworks Ordinance
3. Request to Amend Liquor License Policy - No action taken
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members discussed various topics.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: July 2012 Month End Report; Building Department
2. Report: May 2012 Monthly Report; Oakland County Sheriff's Office
3. Communication: 2012/2013 Clinton Oakland Sewage Disposal Rates
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Budget Meeting adjourned at 8:51 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, September 5, 2012