September 05, 2012 - Village of Oxford
Synopsis of Regular Council Meeting August 28, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops in the Armed Forces.
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Nichols, President Benner, Helmuth
3. Approval of Minutes- Minutes of August 14, 2012 - Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Move item 10I to after item 13 - Motion carried.
5. Presentations: none
6. Call to Public – non agenda items
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes –
Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following:
DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments to Boards and Commissions – none
C. CDBG update- no change
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated August 24, 2012 amount of $22,967.18. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business – motion carried to move to 10L and 10M
A. Personnel Policy Change- Health insurances program, providers, and employee contribution to 5% for new hires (10.L)
B. MERS Resolutions for Non-Union employees ( 10 M)
10. New Business:
A. Telephone System Serv. Contract-Motion carried - 3 yr. contract with XO Communications
B. Traffic Control Order- No Parking Signs – Oxford Lakes Edge Drive- Motion Carried
C. Pavement Marking Contract-Motion carried-PK Contracting for $0.08 lf for $4160.56
D. Proposal to Rent Garage Space – Motion carried for Gen-XLimousine at $300/month
E. Boat Storage Rental–98 Glaspie-Motion carried-Oakland Mobile Marine 1 yr. contract
F. Second Reading and Adoption of Fireworks Ordinance Amendment – Motion carried.
G. Clinton-Oakland Sewage Disposal System/ Oakland County Water Resources Comm–schedule presentation meeting with Township, County and Village in September
H. Monthly Budget Report – motion carried to receive and file
I. Closed Session for negotiation for collective bargaining-AFSCME- DPW Union & /POLC
1. Motion carried for closed session for collective bargaining agreement at 9:17pm.
2. Closed Session
3. Motion carried for open session at 9:45pm.
4. Motion carried for AFSCME/POLC contract negotiated amendments.
J. HRA Plan - formal record of action-motion carried.
K. POLC Insurance Changes- including dental and vision-motion carried.
L. Personnel Policy Change- Health insurances program, providers, and employee Contribution to 5% for new hires- motion carried.
M. MERS Resolutions for Non-Union employees- motion carried.
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 10:07pm - Motion carried.