November 21, 2012 - village of oxford
Synopsis of regular council meeting november 13, 2012
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for our troops
2. Roll Call- Albensi, Bailey, Nichols, President Benner Excused: Helmuth
3. Approval of Minutes- Approve Minutes of October 23, 2012 as presented - Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Motion carried.
5. Presentations: A) Oxford Community Television
B) Public Hearing: Reprogram CDBG 2011 Funds
6. Call to Public – non agenda items
7. Consent Agenda: Motion carried
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes –
Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Presented information on the following:
DDA, Planning Commission, ZBA, Polly Ann Trail, NOTA, OAYA, Cable Commission.
B. Appointments-Boards/Commissions – Appoint M. Coulter & R. Coulter to Oxford Area Youth Assoc.
C. CDBG update- Bids for Louck Street sidewalk are in
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated November 9, 2012 for $61,937.26 - Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business –
A. Proposed Agreement-Rent Garage /Fire Chief Report- Motion carried to set aside
1. Proposal activating fire alarm system-Motion carried-Guardian Alarm contract-$1500.00
B. W. Burdick Street Improvement Project- Motion carried
a. Engineer's Report - W. Burdick Street - R. Lavoie from Nowak & Fraus spoke on project
b. Call for Federal Aid Projects Engineer Contract Proposal- Motion carried - apply for Oakland County Federal Aid grant
C. Fence at 46 Pontiac Bids and Agreement-Motion carried to set aside
D. Purchasing Policy–Made in the USA–Motion carried to set public hearing on December 11
10. New Business:
A. Reprogram PY 2011 CDBG Fund Allocation- Motion Carried
B. CDBG - Louck Street Sidewalk Project
i. Construction Bid Award-Motion carried to set aside
ii. Engineering Contract Proposal-Motion carried-Nowak & Fraus contract $2875.00
C. PY 2013 CDBG Allocation-Motion carried $2967 emergency services-$6923 for sidewalk construction
D. Water Tank Inspection Report- Motion carried to set aside for contractor response
E. Election Results – Approval of authority to sell lands- Motion carried to solicit requests
C. Planning Commission Membership-compensation-Motion carried for commission input
D. Christmas Parade Route Approval to MDOT-Motion carried
E. Surplus Equipment – Police Unit- Motion carried to deny request to obtain vehicle
F. Consideration to Cancel December 26 meeting-Motion carried
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13 Clerk's Report
14 Council Comments
15 Adjournment at 9:28pm - Motion carried.