January 30, 2013 - ORDINANCE #192 LEGAL NOTICE AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE III. LAND DIVISION AND LAND COMBINATION
At a regular meeting of the Groveland Township Board, held on Monday, January 14, 2013, the following ordinance was approved by a vote of 5 to 0.
Township of Groveland
Oakland County, Michigan
Sec. 38-263. Application for an unplatted land division, land combination, or land division and combination; Fees.
(a) Application to be made to planning commission. The owner of any unplatted parcel or parcels of land in the Township who desires to divide, combine, or divide and combine such land may make application in writing for a land division, land combination, or land division and combination (collectively, "LD/LC") to the planning commission.
(b) Content. Applications shall be in the following form and shall contain at least the following information:
(1) The name of all owners of any legal or equitable interest, and their duly authorized signatures.
(2) A current title search of all parcels involved, prepared by a Michigan licensed title insurance agency, with copies of all instruments of record.
(3) A sworn affidavit (notarized) from the Applicant in support of the title search, with the Applicant also disclosing any unrecorded interests affecting the parcel(s) that the Applicant knows or should know of (i.e., all matters affecting the parcel(s) that do not appear in the title report because they are not recorded with the Register of Deeds).
(4) A legal description of the parcel(s) including acreage and tax identification number(s).
(5) A copy of the most recent up-to-date paid tax bill(s) pertaining to the parcel(s).
(6) Copies of all current records of the parcel(s) from the offices of the Oakland County: (a) Treasurer, (b) Equalization Division, and (c) Assessor, together with any State of Michigan and/or federal records that might be related to the parcel(s).
(7) A drawing of the parcel(s) prior to the proposed LD/LC. The diagram shall be drawn to an appropriate engineer's scale of one inch equals 100, 200, 300, 400, or 500 feet. Drawings that cannot be produced to scale on a regular size paper or on 8.5 by 14-inch paper, may be reduced to fit either paper size, except two true copies of the scaled drawing shall accompany the application.
(8) A drawing of the parcel(s) assuming an approved LD/LC, including the number of square feet or acres in each parcel so divided, combined, or divided and combined. This drawing may include the information required in subsection (b)(4).
(9) A legal description of the parcel(s) resulting from the proposed LD/LC. The description shall contain the acreage of each parcel.
(10) A release, waiver, and/or other agreement satisfactory to the Township from any party interested in the parcel(s) subject to the proposed LD/LC.
(1) At the time of submitting any application under this section, the Applicant shall also pay a fee to the Township as set by the Township fee schedule.
(2) In addition to the fee paid in subsection (c)(1), the Applicant shall also indemnify the Township for any and all additional fees, costs, and/or other expenses (including attorney or expert) incurred for the review of all application information. This indemnification shall also include any fees, costs, and/or other expenses (including attorney or expert) incurred as a result or consequence of any false or misleading information provided by the Applicant and/or the Applicants agents or representatives, whether innocently or deliberately given.
Publish in The Citizen 1-26-13