March 06, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
ORION TOWNSHIP LIBRARY BOARD
February 21, 2013
Present: MaryAnne Thorndycraft, Mary Pergeau, Jim Abramczyk, Jim Phillips, Mike Luna, Bert Quinn, trustees; Karen Knox, director
Meeting called to order at 6:35 p.m.
1. Agenda approved as amended
2. Introduction of new employees
3. Consent agenda approved
4. Call to Public – none present
5. Patron visits in January, 19,508
6. 41,588 items checked out
7. Attendance at library programs, 1616
8. $5000.00 grant awarded to OTPL by PNC Bank
9. Audit report to be presented at the next board meeting
10. Friends of the Library continue with plans for Spring Gala
11. Battle of the Books is on March 16th
12. Motion to close library at 2 p.m. on April 27th to set-up for Spring Gala approved
13. Motion to apply for special one-day liquor license for Spring Gala on April 27th approved
14. Strategic Planning Committee to meet on February 28, 2013 at 6 pm at the library
15. Finance Committee to meet on March 4, 2013 at 5 pm at the library
16. Naming Policy committee to meet on March 4, 2013 at 7 pm at the library
Meeting adjourned at 8:34 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the Orion Township Public Library Board is Thursday, March 21, 2013 in the conference room of the library at 6:30 p.m.
Karen Knox, Director