March 13, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
March 5, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga,
Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: David Belcher, Building Director; Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation & Seniors Director; Richard Carlisle, Carlisle/Wortman Associates, Inc.; and Steven Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As amended
E. CLOSED SESSION: None requested
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Schroeder announced that the Optimist Club is hosting their annual Murder Mystery fundraiser on Saturday, March 9th.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: James Reed commented on a conservancy workshop about fracking which was hosted by Jim Nash, Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner. He also requested that DPW fill the potholes in the Library's parking lot.
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Discussion and Public Input Related to Chapter 20; Article III – Open Burning of the Charter Township of Independence Code of Ordinances
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Award of Bid and Approval of Commercial Service Agreement for Fertilizing Services for Clintonwood Park Grounds
2. Approval of Board of Trustee Regular Meeting Minutes of February 19, 2013 as corrected
3. Approval of Payroll and Accounts Payable Check Run for a Total Amount of $330,329.59
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
Trustee Schroeder was recused from participating in discussion and voting on Agenda Item M-1 due a direct conflict of interest related to her homeownership and her position as the president of the Eagle Ridge Homeowner's Association.
1. Approval of First Reading to Permit Amendment to the Concept Development Plan for Eagle Ridge at Morgan Lake Planned Residential Development (PRD)
2. Request to Adjust Fee Schedule for Contractual Building Department Inspectors and Budget Amendment #3, and Approval of Independent Contractor Arrangements to Perform Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Inspections - REMOVED
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: None
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for January 2013
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:01 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, March 13, 2013