April 10, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP
April 2, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:02 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: David Belcher, Building Official; Steven Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None requested
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
General consensus of Board Members present to address Presentation item I-1 after Presentation item I-2.
2. Presentation: Clinton-Oakland Sewage Disposal System (COSDS) Project Cost Allocation Collaboration
1. Presentation: Review of Proposed Contract Received from Jordan Development Company, LLC for Oil/Gas Drilling on Township Properties
3. Township's 4th Quarter Investment Report
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of 2013 Road Chloriding Program
2. Approval of GASB 45 Actuarial Services Agreement
3. Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes: March 19, 2013
4. Approval of Payroll in the Amount of $204,083.42 and Accounts Payable Check Run in the Amount of $356,456.13 and for a Total Amount of $560,539.55
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
The meeting recessed at 8:59 PM
The meeting reconvened at 9:06
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
Approval to suspend rules of procedure and address Regular Business item M-4 before Regular Business item M-1.
4. Approval to Create a Special Tax Abatement District for 5600 Bow Pointe Dr.
1. Approval to Adjust Fee Schedule for Contractual Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Inspections
2. Adoption of New Township Investment Policy
3. Award Bid and Approval of Contract for Human Resources and Payroll Services
5. Approval to Purchase Copiers and Sign Service Contracts
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Schroeder discussed agenda items having a budget impact on the General Fund balance.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Building Department Monthly Report for February 2013
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:11PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, April 10, 2013