April 17, 2013 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular
council meeting april 9, 2013
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for troops
2. Roll Call- Bailey, Nichols, Albensi, Nichols. Absent: Helmuth
3. Approval of Minutes- Approve Minutes of March 26, 2013 as presented. Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Motion carried.
5. Presentation/Public Hearing: DDA Streetscape – Madonna Van Fossen
DDA Budget Analysis- Chuck Schneider
6. Call to Public – for non-agenda items.
7. Consent Agenda: Motion carried.
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to receive and file.
B. Board, Commission & Committee Updates:
C. Appointments-Boards/Commissions – none
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated 4.6.13 for $82,635.28 - Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business – none
10. New Business:
A. Contract amendment Gen-X Limousine- add vehicle and $200/month rent-motion carried
B. Contract extension with Highland Treatment, Inc.- motion carried
C. Contract with the Township of Oxford for Tax Collection Services- motion carried
D. Contract Fifth Michigan Regiment Band for Celebrate Lone Ranger Parade- motion carried
E. Concert in the Park-Band Contracts- motion carried
F. Second Reading and Adoption of an Ordinance Amendment to adopt the Motor Carrier Safety Act- motion carried
11. Public Comment
12. Manager's Report
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 8:47pm - Motion carried.