May 01, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
ORION TOWNSHIP LIBRARY BOARD
Regular Meeting April 18, 2013
Present: MaryAnne Thorndycraft, Mary Pergeau, Jim Abramczyk, Jim Phillips, Bert Quinn, trustees; Karen Knox, director
Meeting called to order at 6:33 p.m.
1. Agenda approved as amended
2. Consent agenda approved
3. Call to Public – none present
4. Patron visits in March, 17,766
5. 40,976 items checked out
6. Attendance at library programs, 2515
7. Discussed presentation by Karen Knox at Wayne State University Library School Administration Class, and the letter received from Cathy Russ (Troy Library)
8. Friends of the Library making final arrangements for, An Evening in Paris, fundraiser on April 27th, 2013
9. Fund Development committee is investigating the ins and outs of successfully handling major donations, such as planned estate donations
10. Strategic planning committee moving forward with facilitator and plans for focus groups
11. Discussion about the need to prepare an RFP for an auditor; current contract expires this year
12. May board meeting rescheduled for May 23, 2013
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the Orion Township Public Library Board is Thursday, May 23, 2013 in the conference room of the library at 6:30 p.m.
Karen Knox, Director