May 22, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
May 14, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7: 00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga,
Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Tom McDonald, Fire Department Captain; Mitch Petterson, Deputy Fire Chief; Renée Poole, Fire Department Business Manager; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Steve Ronk, Fire Chief; Gary Dovre, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC; Steven P. Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC; Adam Wygant, Supervisor of Permitting and Technical Services of MEDQ's Office of Oil, Gas & Minerals
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None requested
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Linda Richardson, DPW Director announced that the following events will take place on Saturday, May 17th: Scraps for Seniors and Senior Craft Show at Clintonwood Park; and Electronic Recycling at DPW.
Jose Aliaga complimented Kelly Hyer and Lisa Christenson for their hard work in organizing the Kids in the Park event that was held on May 11th at Clintwood Park.
Andrea Schroeder announced that the 28th Annual Community Awards Breakfast will be held on Thursday, May 16th at 7:30 am at Clarkston Community Church.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Review Proposed Oil and Gas Lease from Jordan Development Company, LLC.
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Adoption of Proclamation Recognizing the Month of May as Mental Health Month
2. Approval of Proclamations or 2013 Clarkston Community Award Recipients
3. Approval of Oakland County Sheriff's Office 2013-2015 Marine Patrol Services Agreement for Deer Lake
4. Approval of Appointments/Reappointments to the Safety Path and Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committees
5. Approval of Account Payable Payment in Excess of $5,000.00
6. Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of April 16, 2013
7. Approval Payroll of April 26 and May 10, 2013; Early Release Checks of May 3 and 10, 2013; and Check Runs of April 19 and 26 and May 7, 2013 for a Total Amount of $2,407,261.55.
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Perry Street Diversion Project and 2013 Clinton-Oakland Sewage Disposal System Contracts
2. Approval to Terminate 1998 Clintonvilla Mobile Home Park Agreement for Water Services
3. Request to Replace or Refurbish 1989 GMC Sterling White Sewer Jet: Postponed to May 21, 2013 Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
4. Approval of Disposal of Fixed Asset 1993 Pierce Dash D-8000 Fire Engine
5. Approval of Additional Repair Expenditures Associated with Fire Engine Refurbishment Project
6. Approval to Hire Full-Time Firefighters
7. Approval to Set Salary and Reclassify Deputy Clerk Position
8. Approval to Relocate Precincts 3 and 4 from North Oaks Community Church to Clarkston Community School District's Administration Building
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Various comments were made by the Township Board Members
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Communication: MLCC-New Resort SDD & SDM Licenses; Alpena Supermarket, Inc.
2. Future Agenda Item: Water Budget
3. Report: Building Department Monthly Report for March 2013
4. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for February and March 2013
5. Report: Fire Department Monthly Report for April 2013
6. Report: Minutes: Sashabaw Corridor Improvement Authority (CIA) of January 31, 2013
7. Report: Minutes: Election Commission of October 9, 2012
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:55 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, May 22, 2013