May 29, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
May 21, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga,
Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None requested
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Trustee Schroeder announced that the Annual Senior Picnic held at Clintonwood Park was a success.
Supervisor Kittle recognized recipients of the 28th Annual Community Awards.
Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst commented on the Road Chloriding Program.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Review of 2014 Water and Sewer Budgets
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Approval to Refurbish a 1989 GMC Sterling White Sewer Jet
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Adoption of Resolution: 2013 West Nile Virus – Mosquito Borne Disease Reimbursement Program
2. Approval Check Run of May 15, 2013 for a Total Amount of $206,413.78.
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval to Purchase Vaughan Chopper Pump for Ennismore Lift Station
2. Approval to Purchase Back-up Generator for Morningmist Lift Station
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
Supervisor Kittle announced that the Township Board will be voting on the Oil and Gas Lease from Jordan Development Company, LLC at their June 4, 2013 Regular Meeting.
Trustee Lohmeier congratulated the Clarkston High School's graduating seniors and their families.
Treasurer Brown wished Clarkston High School's tennis team luck as they head to the Midland for the State title a week from Friday.
Trustee Schroeder reminded the public that downtown Clarkston will be especially busy tomorrow due to picture taking at Depot Park for Clarkston High School's Prom.
Linda Richardson, DPW Director reported that Electronic Recycling on May 17th was highly successful with 189 cars participating.
Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst summarized the Township budget for the period ending April 30, 2013.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Future Agenda Item: Request to Approve Oil and Gas Lease from Jordan Development Company, LLC – June 4, 2013 Regular Meeting
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 7:49 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, May 29, 2013