June 05, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
ORION TOWNSHIP LIBRARY BOARD
May 23, 2013
Present: MaryAnne Thorndycraft, Mary Pergeau, Mike Luna, Jim Phillips, Jim Abramczyk, Bert Quinn, trustees; Karen Knox, director
Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m.
1. Agenda approved as amended
2. Consent agenda approved
3. Call to Public – none present
4. Patron visits in April, 19,089
5. 43,218 items checked out
6. Attendance at library programs, 1584
7. Discussed the increase of library news coverage, due to staff efforts
8. Friends of the Library – An evening in Paris, fundraiser was a success in both turn-out and fundraising
9. Collaborative Committee presented waste hauling RFP results with significant savings to the library, director to follow-up with a contract with a new vendor
10. Departmental goals were presented in anticipation of the upcoming strategic planning work
11. Discussed honoring Jill Bastian at the library
12. Staff has been working with contractors to find and resolve the intermittent roof leak problem
13. An RFP was distributed for a new preventative maintenance contract for HVAC and a new contractor has started
14. Credit Card account information is being updated to reflect changes in library staff
15. Action Item: The Orion Room will be renamed in horror of James Ingram, as provided for in the naming policy
Meeting adjourned at 9:03 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the Orion Township Public Library Board is Thursday, June 20, 2013 in the conference room of the library at 6:30 p.m.
Karen Knox, Director