July 03, 2013 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Charter Township of Orion Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on Monday, July 22, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the lower level of the Orion Township Hall, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360, on the following matter:
A. AB-2013-14-A Fred Rafou Sonic Restaurant, Sidwell #09-32-377-072
The Petitioner is seeking two variances from Zoning Ordinance No. 78 to build a Sonic Drive-In/Thru Restaurant:
1. Article 34, Section 34.02, B, Use Group B, Minimum Side Yard, requesting a 10-foot variance from the required 20-foot side yard setback to build a restaurant ten feet from the north property line.
2. Article 34, Section 34.02, B, Use Group B, Minimum Side Yard, requesting a4.45-foot variance from the required 20-foot side yard setback to build a drive-in canopy 15.55 feet from the south property line.
B. AB-2013-14-B. Fred Rafou, Sonic Restaurant Signage, Sidwell #09-32-377-07-2
The petitioner is requesting four variances from Sign Ordinance No. 138 to provide signage for a Sonic Drive-In-Thru Restaurant:
1. Section 8, B, Zoning District BIZ (GB-1), Ground Sign, Setback, requesting a 19.48-foot variance, from the required 30-foot road right-of-way setback, to install a ground sign 10.52 feet from the road right-of-way.
2. Section 8, B, Zoning district BIZ (GB-1) and 8, F, 3, a, requesting eight additional ground signs (menu boards), over the three ground signs allowed (one monument and rive menu boards), to install a total of 11 ground signs (ten menu boards and one monument sign).
3. Section 8, B, Zoning District BIZ (GB-1), Maximum Number of Signs, Wall Sign, requesting nine additional wall signs, over the allowed one wall sign, to install a total of ten wall signs.
4. Section 8, B, Zoning District BIZ (GB-1), Wall Sign, Area, requesting a 68.04-square foot variance, above the allowed 40 square feet, to install wall signs equaling 108.04 square feet.
You may send correspondence regarding this case to the Orion Township Hall, addressed to the Zoning Board of Appeals, or you may attend the public hearing to express your views and/or concerns. A complete copy of the proposed ZBA application is on file in the Building Department Office and may be examined during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, until the date of the public hearing.
Orion Township will provide necessary and reasonable auxiliary aids, and services for individuals with disabilities at the public hearing upon advance notice to the Orion Township Clerk, by writing or calling Penny Shults, Clerk, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360; (243) 391-0304, ext. 104. Please contact the Clerk's office at least 72 hours in advance of the public hearing.
Loren Yaros, Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals
Charter Township of Orion