July 24, 2013 - ADDISON TOWNSHIP
OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN
Ordinance Number 13-2 of 2013
The following is a summary of an Ordinances to amend the Township of Addison Zoning Ordinance on Wireless Communication Facilities shall be amended by adding Subsections 4.47.3.a.3),4),5)&6).
At a regular meeting of the Township Board held on July 15, 2013 at the Addison Township Complex, 1440 Rochester Road, Leonard, MI 48367, the Township of Addison adopted a zoning ordinance text amendment and ordains:
SECTION 1. Purpose: The purpose of this Ordinance is to amend the text of the Addison Township Zoning Ordinance to provide for the further accommodation by way of collocation of wireless communication equipment.
SECTION 2. Article 4 Section 4.47 Wireless communication facilities shall be amended by amending Subsection 4.47.3.a.2) to read as follows:
2) A proposed collocation upon an attached wireless communication facility or wireless communication support structure, either of which had been preapproved for such collocation as part of an earlier approval by the township. Such a proposed collocation shall be considered a permitted use and be shall subject to site plan review unless the collocation does not comply with Section 4.47.3.a.5) a)-c).
SECTION 3. Article 4 Section 4.47 Wireless communication facilities shall be amended by adding Subsections 4.47.3.a.3),4),5)&6) to read as follows:
3) The wireless communications equipment will be collocated on an existing wireless communications support structure or in an existing equipment compound.
4) The existing wireless communication support structure or existing equipment compound is in compliance with the Addison Township Zoning Ordinance or was approved by the appropriate zoning body or official of Addison Township.
5) The proposed collocation will not do any of the following:
a) Increase the overall height of the wireless communication support structure by more than 20 feet or 10% of its original height, whichever is greater.
b) Increase the width of the wireless communication support structure by more than the minimum necessary to permit collocation.
c) Increase the area of the existing equipment compound to greater than 2,500 square feet.
6) The proposed collocation complies with the terms and conditions of any previous final approval of the wireless communication support structure or equipment compound by the appropriate zoning body or official of Addison Township.
SECTION 4. Article 4 Section 4.47 shall be amended by adding Section 4.47.3.c to read as follows:
c. Wireless communications equipment that meets the requirements of subsection 4.47.3.a 3) and 4) but does not meet the requirements of subsection 4.47.3..a 5) or 6)is a permitted use of property if it receives special land use approval.
SECTION 5. SEVERABILITY OF INVALID PROVISIONS.
SECTION 6. REPEAL
SECTION 7. SAVINGS CLAUSE
SECTION 8. EFFECTIVE DATE
This Ordinance shall take effect seven (7) days after the date of publication of notice of adoption, which publication shall take place within fifteen (15) days after adoption and shall be in a local newspaper of general circulation in the Township.
This Ordinance is hereby declared to have been passed and adopted by the Township of Addison, County of Oakland, State of Michigan, at a regularly scheduled meeting thereof duly called and held on July 15, 2013.
Penalties: The penalties for violation are as described in the Code of Ordinances Ord. No. 129-06.
The complete ordinance may be reviewed, inspected or purchased during normal business hours at the Clerk's office at the address above. You may contact the Clerk's office at 248.628.3317
Pauline Bennett, Clerk
Public Notice July 24, 2013
Adopted July 15, 2013 Board of Trustees
Effective Date August 1, 2013