July 31, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 23, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:10 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Senator Jim Marleau, 12th District; Gary Dovre, Johnson Rosati Schultz & Joppich PC
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None Scheduled
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Schroeder indicated that Neiman's Family Market held its grand opening ceremony.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: Norbert Froeschke, Deer Lake; Ken Gill, Deer Lake
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Special Presentation by Senator Jim Marleau, 12th District recognizing Clerk Barbara A. Pallotta, as the recipient of the Michigan Association of Municipal Clerk's 2013 Township Clerk of the Year award.
2. Report: Update on Cooperative Video Production Intergovernmental Agreement and Lease Agreement between Clarkston Schools and the Charter Township of Independence
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of DTE Second and Third Stage License Agreement
2. Approval of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes: June 18, 2013 as amended and July 9, 2013
3. Approval of Payroll of July 19, 2013 and Accounts Payable Check Run of July 17, 2013 for a Total Amount of $618,305.22
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of 2nd Reading to Amend and Adopt the Amendment to Chapter 30, "Offenses Against Public Safety", Section 30-159, "Fireworks"
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Schroeder asked that the public be aware of deer when driving; Treasurer Brown reported that he will be accepting applications to fill a resident member vacancy on the Walters Lake Improvement Board; Clerk Pallotta informed the Township Board that the auditors will present the 2012 Audit at the Township Board's August 13th regular board meeting; Supervisor Kittle indicated that the concept of entering into a 425 Agreement with Springfield Township is still being reviewed; a gas station – Tim Horton's combination is being proposed for the closed gas station at M-15/Dixie Hwy; a Comfort Inn is being proposed for I-75/Sashabaw; the Pines of Clarkston on Dixie Hwy has broken ground for a second building; Magnetti-Marelli facility on Bow Pointe is moving forward and are predicting there will 83 jobs by the end of the year; the Building and Sheriff's Departments are monitoring sound levels and regularly taking measurements for DTE.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Minutes: Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee of June 12, 2013
2. Report: Minutes: Election Commission of April 29, 2013
3. Report: Fire Department Monthly Report for June 2013
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:07 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2013