September 18, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
September 10, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga,
Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Susan Hendricks, Finance Director; Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation and Seniors Director; Dave Belcher, Building Department Director; Linda Richardson, DPW Director, Joe Barnhart, Cable Access Program Manager, Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: Approval to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of Union Negotiations as permitted by MCL 15.268(c).
The meeting recessed at 6:02 PM
The meeting reconvened at 7:03 PM
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Supervisor Kittle asked for a moment of silence to commemorate the victims, affected families and first responders lost in the terror attacks 12 years ago on September 11th; it is a moment in our history that has affected all of us.
Additional Announcements: Andrea Schroeder, Patrick Kittle, Ken Elwert
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentations: 2014 Budgets
a. 2014 Parks, Recreation and Seniors
b. 2014 Building Department
c. 2014 Street Lighting and Drainage
d. 2014 Supervisor's Office
e. 2014 Clerk's Office and Elections Division
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Invoice Exceeding $5,000.00 for Senior Center Trip
2. Approval to Accept Quote and Approve Purchase of Lawn Mowers for Cemetery
3. Approval to Accept Estimate and Approve Budget Amendment for Fire Department Station #1 Roof Repair
4. Approval to Accept Proposal and Approve Budget Amendment for Fire Department Station #1 Concrete Repair
5. Approval of Budget Amendment for Professional Services for Building Department
6. 6.Approval Payment of Invoice Exceeding $5,000 for Professional Services, Building Department
7. Minutes: Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes: August 13 and 20, 2013 and Special Meeting of September 5, 2013
8. Approval of Payroll of August 30, 2013 and Check Run of September 4, 2013 for a Total Amount of $1,119,967.17
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Request to Reconsider Motion #2013-08-151 for the Purchase of Six Video Cameras
2. Approval of Request to Purchase Portable Video Production System
3. Approval to Waive Bid Process and Accept Quote for Purchase of Backhoe
4. Postponement of Request to Establish 2013 Mileage Rates for 2014 Budget
5. Approval to Adopt Amendment to Medically Based Burn Permit Restrictions
6. Approval to Amend Special Rules of Procedure for Charter Township of Independence Board of Trustees
7. Approval to Schedule Joint Special Meeting with Planning Commission
8. Approval to Reschedule the November 5, 2013 Regular Meeting
9. Approval to Post and Hire Employee for New Finance Position
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Paul Brown, David Lohmeier, Ron Ritchie. Patrick Kittle, Supervisor, noted there will be a Public Hearing on September 24th for the establishment of an Industrial Development District (IDD) and Granting of an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate (IFEC) for Magneti Marelli Holding USA.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Communication: OMID Pending Litigation
2. Future Agenda Item: Public Hearing for the Establishment of an Industrial Development District (IDD) and Granting of an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate (IFEC) for Magneti Marelli Holding USA
3. Report: Actuarial Valuation Report prepared by Tegrit Group as of December 31, 2011
4. Report: Building Department Monthly Report for July
5. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for June
6. Report: Monthly Actual to Budget Financial Update thru July 31, 2013
7. Minutes: Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee of August 14, 2013
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:41 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, September 18, 2013