September 25, 2013 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular council meeting september 10, 2013
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for troops
2. Roll Call- Bailey, Bossardet, Nichols, Helmuth vacancy:1
3. Approval of Minutes- of August 27, 2013. Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Motion carried as amended.
5. Public Presentation: Interviews for Council Member-B. Cloutier, M. VanFossen, M. Young
6. Call to Public – for non-agenda items.
7. Consent Agenda: Motion carried.
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to receive and file.
B. Board, Commission & Committee Updates:
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated 9.9.13 for $44,970.21. Motion carried.
9. Unfinished/Old Business: Election of Council President-Motion carried to remain Pro Tem status
10. New Business:
A. M24 MDOT Safety Grant & Traffic Calming Consultant Proposals- Motion carried - Sharpe Engineering
B. Second Reading and Adoption of Sign Ordinance Amendment –Motion carried to set aside.
C. Second Reading - Adoption of Fireworks Ordinance Amendment-Motion Carried.
D. Rental Agreement -98 Glaspie- boat storage Oakland Mobile Marine-Motion carried to set aside
E. Rental of 18 W. Burdick Street- Motion carried to set aside
F. Request for Outdoor café- 23 N. Washington- Irish Pub-Motion carried.
G. Appointment of Council member-Motion carried appoint Bryan Cloutier.
H. Election of Council President Pro-tem- Motion carried to set aside
11. Public Comment
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 10:29 pm - Motion carried.