October 02, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
September 24, 2013
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga,
Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder (Arrived: 8:03 PM)
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Susan Hendricks, Finance Director; Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation and Seniors Director; Kristen Sieloff, Director of Assessing, Linda Richardson, DPW Director, Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Rae Luallen announced that the Friends of the Library is holding its 2013 Fall Book Sale on Wednesday, September 25th through Saturday, September 28th.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. Establishment an Industrial Development District (IDD) for Magneti Marelli Exhaust Systems of North America; 5600 Bow Pointe Dr
2. Granting of an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate (IFEC) for Magneti Marelli Exhaust Systems of North America; 5600 Bow Pointe Dr.
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentations: 2014 Budgets
a) 2014 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Budget
b) 2014 Safety Path Budge
c) 2014 Human Resources Budget
d) 2014 Cemetery Budget
2. Township Investment Analysis for Quarters Ending March 31 – June 30, 201
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval to Purchase of Pitney Bowes Postage Machine and Approve Budget Amendment
2. Minutes: Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes: Regular Meeting of September 10, 2013
3. Approval of Payroll of September 13, 2013 and the Check Run of September 18, 2013 for a Total Amount of $615,011.61
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of 2013 Millage Rates for 2014 Budget
2. Ratification of the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Contract
3. Approval to Rescind Motion #2012-09-364-4 and Establish 2013 Halloween Trick-or-Treating Hours
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Treasurer Brown; Trustee Aliaga; Craig Richardson, AFSCME President thanked the Township Board for their display of professionalism during contract negotiations.
O. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for July 2013
2. Report: Building Department Monthly Report for August 2013
3. Report: Township Investment Analysis for Quarters Ending March 31–June 30, 2013: Relocated under "Presentations and Reports"
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:34 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, October 2, 2013