October 02, 2013 - SYNOPSIS
ORION TOWNSHIP LIBRARY BOARD
September 19, 2013
Present: Mary Pergeau, Mike Luna, Jim Phillips, Jim Abramczyk, Bert Quinn, trustees; Karen Knox, director
Excused: MaryAnne Thorndycraft
Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m.
1. Agenda approved
2. Consent agenda approved
3. Patron visits in July, 20,277
4. 43,561 items checked out
5. Attendance at library programs, 1506
6. Call to Public – none present
7. Summer Reading successful
8. 38 teens at Teen Overnight Lock In
9. 190 patrons used the rear exit door to the Reading Garden last month
10. Director, Karen Knox presented the Strategic Plan to several local governmental entities and was well received
11. A 5.12% increase is expected in health care benefits costs
12. No Response from the Board regarding the request from North Oakland Genealogical Society – naming of Genealogy Collection; Board will review agreement between OTPL and the NOGS
13. Discussion regarding sending RFP's to auditors under the Collaboration Group; Motion by Mike Luna to extend a one-year contract to the Abraham & Gaffney, P.C. accounting firm for the current fiscal year end. Seconded by Abramczyk.
14. Motion by Jim Abramczyk to accept proposal from Kimberly Bolan and Associates for Space Planning; Scope of Services & Cost Proposal. Seconded by Phillips. Motion carried.
15. Human Resources committee recommends items listed in 2a, 2b, 2c as proposed in the minutes. Motion passes.
16. Policy Committee Meeting on September 23rd at 6:00 p.m. at the library
17. Strategic Planning Committee Meeting on September 23rd at 7:00 p.m. at the library
18. James Ingram Room dedication on September 28, 2013, at 2:00 p.m.
19. GFWC wall dedication on September 28, 2013, at 3:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:29 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the Orion Township Public Library Board is Thursday, October 17, 2013 in the conference room of the library at 6:30 p.m.
Karen Knox, Director