October 02, 2013 - village of oxford
synopsis of regular council meeting september 24, 2013
Call to Order
1. Pledge of Allegiance- moment of silence for troops
2. Roll Call- Bailey, Bossardet, Nichols, Helmuth (arrived 6:30pm) Absent: Cloutier
3. Approval of Minutes- of September 10, 2013. Motion carried.
4. Approve the agenda – Motion carried as presented.
5. Public Presentation: Swearing in of Part time Patrol Officer M. Ersig
6. Call to Public – for non-agenda items.
7. Consent Agenda: Motion carried.
A. Correspondence: Letter, Reports and Minutes – Motion carried to receive and file.
B. Board, Commission & Committee Updates: Motion carried to accept DDA Board resignations
8. Approved Bills - bill run dated 9.2013 for $32,899.66. Motion carried.
9. A. Old Business: Rental Agreement-98 Glaspie-Oakland Mobile Marine-motion carried
B. Rental Inspection Ordinance-motion carried to set Public Hearing on October 22, 2013
10. New Business:
A. Engagement Letter for Litigation Consulting Services- Karl Haiser-motion carried
B. Second Reading and Adoption of Sign Ordinance Amendment –motion carried with amendments
C. 911 Dispatch Reserve Program Proposal- motion carried
D. Request to sell Police Vehicle-motion carried
E. Appointment of Acting Interim DDA Executive Director/Manager- motion carried
F. SMART Municipal Credits to NOTA- motion carried
G. 911 Proposal to go to vote of residents -motion to set aside
H. Monthly Budget Report and Budget Amendments-motion carried to receive and file
11. Public Comment
13. Clerk's Report
14. Council Comments
15. Adjournment at 9:39 pm - Motion carried.