January 15, 2014 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
January 7, 2014
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:02 PM at Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder Absent: None
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Susan Hendricks, Finance Director; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Steven P. Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC; Richard Carlisle, Carlisle/Wortman Associates; Jon H. Wheatley, Bendzinski & Co.
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: None
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Patrick J. Kittle, Supervisor
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled.
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Comcast Proposal for Telephone/Internet Services (Miranda Arens, Senior Account Executive; Comcast Business Services)
a. Acceptance of Quote and Approval to Enter into Agreement for Telephone/Internet Services
2. Presentation: Water & Sewer System Rate Study; December 1, 2013 (Jon Wheatley, Bendzinski & Co.; Municipal Finance Advisors
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Approval of Second Reading and Adoption of Amendment to Concept Development Plan for Eagle Ridge at Morgan Lake Planned Residential Development (PRD)
2. Approval of Payment Exceeding $10,000 for Pump Repairs at Oakhurst and DPW Booster Stations
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Board of Trustee Regular Meeting Minutes of December 17, 2013
2. Approval of Payrolls of December 20, 2013 and January 3, 2014; and Check Run of December 31, 2013 for a Total Amount of $760,825.36
3. Approval of 2014 Contract from Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART) for Senior and Handicap Transportation Services
4. Request to Adopt Proclamation recognizing Clarkston High School's 2013 Varsity Football Team and Declaring January 12, 2014 as "Clarkston Wolves' Day - Removed
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Adoption of Proclamation Recognizing Clarkston High School's 2013 Varsity Football Team and Declaring January 12, 2014 as "Clarkston Wolves' Day
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Acceptance of Quote and Approval of Purchase of 2014 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Truck for DPW
2. Appointment of Board and Committee Member to Zoning Board of Appeals
3. Authorization to Dispose of Assets with a Cost Basis Exceeding $5,000.00
4. Approval to Advance 2nd Quarter Lease Payment to Clarkston Community Schools for the Video Center
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee of December 12, 2013
2. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for September 2013
3. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for October 2013
4. Report: 2012-2013; New Home Permits
5. Report: 2014 Charter Township of Independence Goals
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Comments were made by various Board Members
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:07 PM
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, January 15, 2014