February 05, 2014 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
FEBRUARY 4, 2014
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder Absent: None
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Ken Elwert, Parks, Recreation and Seniors, Director; Mitch Petterson, Deputy Fire Chief, Renee Poole, Fire Department Business Manager; Linda Richardson, DPW Director; Steve Ronk, Fire Chief
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: Approval to enter into Closed Session for the Consideration of a Personnel Performance Matter as permitted by MCL 15.268(a)
The Meeting recessed at 7:02 p.m.
The Meeting reconvened at 7:24 p.m.
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Clerk Pallotta; Trustee Aliaga; Trustee Schroeder; Supervisor Kittle
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None scheduled.
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Planning Commission Update (Ronald A. Ritchie, Board of Trustees Planning Commission Representative)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Board of Trustee Regular Meeting Minutes of January 21, 2014
2. Approval of Payroll of January 31, 2014; and Check Runs of January 30, 2014 and January 31, 2014 for a Total Amount of $664,034.62
3. Budget Amendment for DPW, Emergency Water Main Repair
a. Approval of Budget Amendment
b. Authorized additional costs not to exceed $40,000
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Increase in the REU Assignment Factor for Mobile Home Parks and Approval of Budget Amendment (no action taken on Budget Amendment)
2. Acceptance of Quote and Approval of Budget Amendment for the Purchase of Replacement Vehicles for the Parks Division the 2013
3. Adoption of Resolution for the Oakland County Hazard Mitigation Plan
4. Adoption of Resolution for the Township's Emergency Operations Plan and Designation of Liaison to the Oakland County Emergency Management Coordinator
5. Acceptance of Quote and Approval of Budget Amendment for the Purchase of Fire Hose
a. Acceptance of quote and approval of purchase of 4-inch supply hose
b. Acceptance of quote and approval of purchase of 1.75-inch fire hose
c. Approval of budget amendment
6. Award Bid and Approval of Budget Amendment for the Purchase of Ambulances for the EMS Division; Authorized the disposal of vehicles in accordance with The Township's Asset Management Policy
7. Acceptance of Quote and Approval of Budget Amendment for the Purchase of Cardiac Monitor/Defibrillator Units
a. Acceptance of quote for the Purchase of seven (7) Cardiac Monitor/Defibrillator Units
b. Approval of Budget Amendment
c. Approval of six (6) year extended warranty/service plan for seven (7) cardiac monitor/defibrillator units
d. Authorized the disposal of five (5) cardiac monitors at in accordance with the Township's Asset Management Policy
8. Appointment of Board and Committee Member to Assume Unexpired Term for Alternate Position on the Zoning Board of Appeals
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Video Center Administrative Board of November 20, 2013
2. Report: 2013 Annual Senior Transportation Statistics
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Comments were made by various Board Members
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:08 PM
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, February 12, 2014