March 19, 2014 - BRANDON TOWNSHIP
MARCH 3, 2014
Members present: Allen, Darnall, DeWitt, DePalma, Lapp, Rumball, Thurman
The following actions were taken:
1) Approved the meeting agenda as presented.
2) Approved the Consent Agenda containing the following:
a. Regular Minutes of February 3, 2014.
b. Regular Bills in the amount of $22,639.96
c. Prepays in the amount of $307,208.26
d. Trustee timesheets in the amount of $760.00
3) Citizen Comments – A citizen commented on the Fire Insurance Withholding Resolution.
4) Defeated the motion to implement Fire Insurance Withholding.
5) Approved Verizon Wireless as a provider on the Township's Seymour Lake Road tower.
6) Approved Police Millage language for the August 5, 2014 election ballot.
7) Approved separately each of the following proposed amendments to the Code of Ordinances, Charter Township of Brandon, County of Oakland, MI:
a) 1st Reading: amendment rezoning Parcels 03-35-151-027 & 03-35-151-028 to R1-A.
b) 1st Reading: amendment to 46-6.
c) 1st Reading: amendment to Appendix A, Sec. 2.
d) 1st Reading: amendment to Section 46-166 (b).
e) 1st Reading: amendment to Chapter 46, Sec. 46-215.
f) 1st Reading: amendment to 46-216 (i).
g) 1st Reading: amendment to 46-242, Sec. (1) g.
h) 1st Reading: amendment to 46-242, Sec. (1) e.
i) 1st Reading: amendment to 46-282, Sec. (b) (2) a.
8) Approved: Interlocal Agreement for Election Services between Oakland County and the Charter Township of Brandon for a period 5 years.
9) Approved: Request from M-DOT for temporary construction work between the hours of 8:00 PM. and 7:00 AM Monday thru Saturday, on M-15 between Wolf and Oakhill Roads.
10) Approved: 3 year OTV renewal lease at 433 Mill Street in Brandon Township.
11) Appointed Clerk Allen, Trustee Lapp and Trustee Rumball to the Charter Township of Brandon Election Commission, for terms expiring November 20, 2016.
12) Authorized commitment of the Township's budgeted 2014 Tri-Party funds to the Sashabaw Paving Project and move $15,000.00 from Tri-Party line item 101-464-776-000 to committed Tri-Party Projects 250-000-390-464.
13) Citizen Comments – A citizen addressed issues with the building department.
14) Adjourned at 9:27 PM.
A full copy of the minutes is available at the Clerk's office, 395 Mill Street, PO Box 929, Ortonville, MI 48462 or on the Brandon Township Website at www.brandontownship.us
Posted by Candee Allen, Brandon Township Clerk, 395 Mill Street, PO Box 929, Ortonville, MI 48462.
Publish in The Citizen 3-15-14