March 19, 2014 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
PARKS, RECREATION & SENIORS
JOB POSTING: TEMPORARY PART-TIME BUS DRIVER
DATE OF POSTING: March 11, 2014
LAST DAY OF POSTING: Open Until Filled
UNION AFFILIATION: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Charter Township of Independence, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants, without regard to race or other protected status, for the position of Temporary Part-Time Bus Driver.
This position transports senior citizens and disabled adults door-to-door to doctor's appointments, grocery stores, work and other locations as necessary. Drivers must follow a daily schedule Monday through Friday and transport residents of Independence Township, Springfield, and the City of the Village of Clarkston.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1) Work and interact with the public.
2) Push people in wheelchairs up to four-hundred (400) pounds.
3) Assist people on and off vehicle when needed.
4) Lift bags of groceries or boxes of food for citizens.
5) Work no more than 110 hours per month.
6) Communicate regularly with dispatcher/front office regarding daily schedule (i.e. changes and cancellations).
7) Inspect vehicle that is assigned including tires, van fluid levels and overall safety. Observe and report any concerns about general maintenance needed.
8) Maintain cleanliness of buses inside and out.
9) Attend transportation meetings at center.
10) Obtain and maintain CPR and AED Certification.
11) Escort day trips when needed.
12) Submits daily report and rider fees for deposit.
13) Assists with Senior Center projects.
14) Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent, 1 - 2 years experience driving large vans and/or mini-bus and excellent driving record required.
Chauffeur's license required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work and interact with senior citizens and disabled people.
• Able to push people in wheelchair up to four-hundred (400) pounds.
• Judgment and decision-making.
• Seeking guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
• Demonstrating good judgment in investigation problems.
• Respecting the confidentiality of company, customer, and personnel information.
• Maintaining cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other staff.
• Demonstrating the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
• Planning and time utilization.
• Making the best use of time during shift.
• Consistently showing ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
• Ability to perform all duties in an independent manner with little supervision.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and a completed Charter Township of Independence application for employment to:
6000 Clarkston Road
Clarkston, MI 48348
NOTE: Charter Township of Independence applications for employment are available on the Township's website at www.twp.independence.mi.us or by contacting the Human Resources office.
Publish: 3/19, 2//26/14