June 25, 2014 - Public notice
Charter Township of Brandon
CLOSE OF REGISTRATION FOR THE AUGUST 5, 2014 PRIMARY ELECTION
To the Qualified Electors of the Charter Township of Brandon, County of Oakland:
Notice is hereby given that the last day to register for the August 5, 2014, Primary Election will be Monday, July 7, 2014. If you are not currently registered to vote or need to register at a new address, you may do so at the following locations and times:
· Brandon Township Clerk's office, 395 Mill Street, Ortonville, MI 48462 Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
· County Elections Division, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, MI 48341, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
· Secretary of State Branch Offices.
· At specified agencies for clients receiving services through Family Independence Agency, the Department of Community Health, Michigan Jobs Commission and some offices of the Commission for the Blind.
· At military recruitment offices for persons who are enlisting.
· Voter Registration Application - Mail to the election official as directed on the application by the close of registration deadline.
Note: Persons registering by mail are required to vote in person unless they have previously voted in person in the state or are at least 60 years of age or are handicapped.
The election will be conducted in all voting precincts of the Charter Township of Brandon for the purpose of nominating candidates for the following offices:
Congressional United States Senator and Representatives in Congress
Legislative Representative in State Legislature
County County Commissioner
Delegate Delegate to County Convention of the Republican and Democratic Parties
Full text of the State Proposal 14-1 and Township Police Millage proposal(s) may be obtained from:
Brandon Township Municipal Building
395 Mill Street, Ortonville, MI 48462
Candee Allen, Brandon Township Clerk
Publish in The Citizen 6-21-14