June 25, 2014 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF ORION
NOTICE OF CLOSE OF REGISTRATION FOR THE AUGUST 5, 2014 PRIMARY ELECTION
To the Qualified Electors of the Township of Orion, County of Oakland:
Notice is hereby given that the last day to register for the August 5, 2014 Primary Election will be Monday, July 7, 2014.
If you are not currently registered to vote or need to register at a new address, you may do so at the following locations and times:
· Orion Township Clerk's Office, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
· County Elections Division, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, MI 48341, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
· Secretary of State Branch Offices.
· At specified agencies for clients receiving services through Family Independence Agency, the Department of Community Health, Michigan Jobs Commission and some offices of the Commission for the Blind.
· At military recruitment offices for persons who are enlisting.
· Voter Registration Application - Mail to the election official as directed on the application by the close of registration deadline.
Note: Persons registering by mail are required to vote in person unless they have previously voted in person in the state or are at least 60 years of age or are handicapped.
The election will be conducted in all voting precincts of Orion Township for the purpose of nominating candidates for the following offices:
· US Senator
· US Representative
· State Senator
· State Representative
· County Commissioner
· Precinct Delegate
· Proposal 14-1: Approval or Disapproval of Amendatory Act to Reduce State Use Tax and Replace with a Local Community Stabilization Share to Modernize the Tax System to Help Small Business Grow and Create Jobs.
· Orion Township Proposed Additional Fire Operation Millage
· Orion Township Proposed Additional Fire Capital and Equipment Millage
· North Oakland Transportation Millage Proposal
· Rochester Community School District Operating Millage Renewal Proposal (Rochester Community School District Voters ONLY)
Full text of the proposal(s) may be obtained from:
Penny S. Shults, Clerk
Charter Township of Orion
2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
(248) 391-0304, ext. 104