June 25, 2014 - NOTICE OF
CLOSE OF REGISTRATION FOR THE PRIMARY ELECTION TO BE HELD ON
TUESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2014 FOR
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN
To the qualified electors of the Charter Township of Oxford, County of Oakland, State of Michigan.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD CLERK'S OFFICE, 300 DUNLAP ROAD, OXFORD, MI 48371 WILL BE OPEN:
MONDAY, JULY 7, 2014
FROM 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER
FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECEIVING APPLICATIONS FOR THE REGISTRATION OF THE QUALIFIED ELECTORS IN OXFORD TOWNSHIP NOT ALREADY REGISTERED.
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY REGISTERED TO VOTE OR NEED TO REGISTER AT A NEW ADDRESS, YOU MAY DO SO AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS AND TIMES:
• County Elections Division, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, MI 48341, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
• Secretary of State Branch Offices.
• At specified agencies for clients receiving services through Family Independence Agency, the Department of Community Health, Michigan Jobs Commission and some offices of the Commission for the Blind.
• At military recruitment offices for persons who are enlisting.
• Voter Registration Application - Mail to the election official as directed on the application by the close of registration deadline.
Note: Persons registering by mail are required to vote in person unless they have previously voted in person in the state or are at least 60 years of age or are handicapped.
THE AUGUST 5, 2014 PRIMARY ELECTION WILL BE CONDUCTED IN ALL VOTING PRECINCTS OF THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD FOR THE PURPOSE OF ELECTING CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING OFFICES:
Representative in Congress – 8th District
State Senator – 12th District
Representative in State Legislature – 46th District
County Commissioner – 3rd District
Delegate to County Convention
AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF STATE PROPOSAL 14-1.
AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF A MILLAGE PROPOSAL FOR NORTH OAKLAND TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY.
AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF A BOND AND MILLAGE PROPOSAL FOR CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD PARKS AND RECREATION.
AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF A MILLAGE PROPOSAL FOR THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD LIBRARY.
Full text of the proposal(s) may be obtained from:
CURTIS W. WRIGHT, TOWNSHIP CLERK
300 DUNLAP ROAD
OXFORD, MI 48371
248-628-9787, EXT. 5
Curtis W. Wright, Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
Oxford, MI 48371
248-628-9787, EXT. 5
PUBLISHED: JUNE 25, 2014 – OXFORD LEADER
POSTED: OXFORD TOWNSHIP
VILLAGE OF OXFORD