July 02, 2014 - VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS
The Village of Lake Orion Board of Zoning Appeals will hold a Public Hearing on Appeal No. A-14-05 at the Lake Orion Village Hall, 37 E. Flint St., Lake Orion, MI 48362-3274, on Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM in the Council Chambers.
This Public Hearing relates to 20 Highland Avenue (Parcel ID Number 09-03-484-005). A complete legal description of the property is on file in the Village Offices.
The subject site is located within the Village of Lake Orion in the RL (Lake One Family Residential) Zoning District. The applicant proposes to demolish an existing deck and construct a new deck with a barrier-free ramp. The request will require three variances from the Zoning Ordinance, as follows:
1. ARTICLE 12, SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS; SECTION 12.02 TABLE – RL ZONING DISTRICT
- 25.00 feet required
- 12.70 feet existing (to SW corner of dwelling)
- 4.90 feet proposed (to SW corner of deck)
- 20.10 foot variance requested
2. ARTICLE 12, SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS; SECTION 12.02 TABLE – RL ZONING DISTRICT
Side (south) Yard Setback
- 5.00 feet required
- 3.70 feet existing (to SW corner of dwelling)
- 3.70 feet proposed (to SW corner of deck)
- 1.30 foot variance requested
3. ARTICLE 12, SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS; SECTION 12.02 TABLE – RL ZONING DISTRICT
Maximum Lot Coverage
- 40.0 % required
- 31.1 % existing
- 41.2 % proposed
- 1.2 % (37 sq.ft) variance requested
Interested parties are welcome to attend the Public Hearing and offer comments. Written comments will be accepted prior to the date and time of the Public Hearing by the Village Clerk, 37 E. Flint Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362. The plan and supporting documentation will be available for inspection and additional information may be obtained by contacting or visiting the Village Office at 248 693-8391, ext. 102 during regular business hours, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In the spirit of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals with a disability should feel free to contact the Village office, at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting, if requesting accommodations.
Posted: July 2, 2014 Case no. A-14-05
Mailed: July 1, 2014
Published: July 2, 2014